Translating game dev code talk to our languages

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Translating game dev code talk to our languages

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:56 pm

I use Unity Answers, the Playmaker forums, and the Behavior Designer forums as my main learning resources these days-

I've found there's some things that are difficult to learn because the jargon we're using from Playmaker etc is different that the usual code stuff-

For example a coder told me to implement "hash tables" into my game to create an inventory system- Playmakers arraymaker add-on has hash tables so then I tried to search out info/examples for a hash table/inventory system- couldn't find much-

Long story shorter.... I learned that most game dev people call them "dictionaries" not "hash tables" So once I searched for "dictionaries" I found a ton of info-

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://visualgamedev.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Translating game dev code talk to our languages

Post by Spooktergeist on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:29 pm

There should be a list or something where you have common game elements and a list of keywords for things that make it. Like in your example for inventory, then it would have terms like "dictionaries" and "hash tables" Sometimes I don't know what to ask for if I look for things.

Spooktergeist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:48 pm

A list is a good idea- yeh same here I have the same issue of not knowing what question to ask but hey now you can try asking here as we speak the same language Smile

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://visualgamedev.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top